The Ruminator

Come on up and grab yourself a beer.

Thursday, April 03, 2003

Ah, fresh victims for my ever-growing army of the undead

I have a new flunkey today, a shiny, fresh-faced intern. For the next several months she is mine! She is so young, and enthusiastic, and energetic, and helpful. Oh, how soon she will learn. Actually, I had the frightening revelation that technically she is only four years younger than me. But I've spent those four years in this job, and she's still a student, so she seems really young. Besides I'm sure I wasn't that bouncy and keen four years ago. Anyway, I'm glad I've finally passed the point where the office interns are older than me.

I think I will ease her in to the madness of our office environment before warping her fragile little mind. Little does she know that she is but a small part of my ultimate long term goal. What is that? Same thing we do every night Pinky - try to take over the world! Mwah ha ha ha ha! (That was my evil laugh, just so you know.)

I came across my amusing new item for the day on the ABC website. It seems that the town of Bagdad in Tasmania (population 650) has become the centre of some very confused attention since the war began, with internet searchers confusing it for the Iraqi capital. Some of the more clueless of the 15,000 daily visitors to the town’s Bagdad Online Access Centre have offered words of support and advised the residents to keep their heads down and mind the bombs. Having checked out this site I am at a loss to explain how anyone could think this was an Iraqi website, but then I am often surprised by other people’s stupidity. Presumably the confusion would only have gotten worse if they had discovered Tasmania’s Walls of Jerusalem National Park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home