The Ruminator

Come on up and grab yourself a beer.

Friday, February 03, 2006

A quick catch up

I would like to be able to say 'OK, I haven't updated my blog for ages, but that's because I've been really busy doing ...' But I'm hard pressed to come up with stuff I have been really busy with. It's not like I've been studying, or deeply involved in charity work or something.

I have actually managed to spend some time with friends lately, which I'm very happy about. Regular Friday after work drinks are a great way to make sure you actually see all those friends of whom you might otherwise spend months saying, 'I really should call ----, we haven't spoken in ages!'

I think it's because we've all hit some stage in our lives, that makes it hard to keep up. Everybody is balancing decision time in major aspects of their lives - work, relationships, lifestyle - Save up to buy a house or keep renting and have money for travel, or a car, or new stuff? Change of career direction or corporate climb? Stability or a new challenge?

Some days it feels as if time is flying by. I'm lucky enough to still have some friends from school, and it seems amazing to think that where once we gossiped about the ups and downs of school, our parents, cute boys ... now it's careers, partners, mortgages ... Hmm, maybe nothing much has changed after all ...

Anyway, I'm glad my friends are still with me, and I'll try to make sure I take the time to appreciate them. We used to think we were sooooo sophisticated going out for a cappuccino and a muffin. So maybe we could go for a cocktail and some tapas? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home