The Ruminator

Come on up and grab yourself a beer.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I'm sorry, where were we?

OK, so that couple of weeks break from blogging turned into a year and a half. Whoops. Easily distracted I guess.

I decided to restart the blog due to the disturbing realisation that, with so many friends interstate or overseas, this is actually one of the easiest ways to communicate with people. Certainly I'm not always the best at emailing or phoning (let alone writing), but I do regularly check friends' blogs. So I surrender myself to the technology. This being a stunningly unproductive work period (we just spent the morning rearranging all the desks in our section), I finally had time to do something about it.

In the meantime I have just been enjoying a thoroughly self-indulgent summer, in my new bachelorette pad. I certainly have a busier social life living on my own than I did when living with friends - because I actually have to leave the house to talk to someone I like. I've had to greatly increase my weekly drinking and eating out budget, and have to make sure I don't buy too much perishable food, because I'm not there to eat it. That being said, life will probably calm down a little now that we are heading back to work and a slightly greater degree of respectability.

So anyway, a new year, a new home, a new look for the blog. Drop in and see me sometime.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Lyn said…

    yay!

     
  • At 11:44 pm, Blogger Jasmine said…

    Nice to see you back on Blogger :)

     
  • At 7:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gosh, how mysterious - I can appear as anonymous..!
    Wonder how long I could maintain my air of mystery? Not long - hey Marissa, and all other readers, it's Cornelia. Possibly the last person in the known universe to not have their own blog. And this is the first ever time I've made a comment on one. So, if writing a big long message is a big faux pas, then my apologies to everyone.
    Exciting news from me: Well, I'm writing this in Turin. Yep, Torino, home of the 2006 winter Olympics. There are now only a couple of days left before I fly back to New Zealand and my life as a permanently sodden glacier guide on the West Coast. I have been away for four months, of which two of those were in Canada, and the rest has been trailing my family around Europe. Memo to anyone planning something similar: there are a LOT of public holidays in Italy around Christmas, even more than in Australia. Also, there are a LOT of renovations going on, for whatever reason. In Turin the excuse is the Olympics. In Amsterdam it's just cause the Rijksmuseum was due for a year long springclean. And so on.
    Anyway, it's all very nice, but I miss being able to sit down with my coffee and not having to pay extra for the priviledge, so I am looking forward to getting back home. I'm also stone broke, so some more work would be really good right about now!
    Best wishes to all - hoping to hell no-one had friends or family on the beach in Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, or anywhere else like that.

    Cornelia

     
  • At 4:50 am, Blogger Jasmine said…

    The little kitty must like your Weather Pixie a lot. She's been there all week! =^..^=

     
  • At 2:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back! (I feel a bit guilty for taking so long to check out your blog after you announced its renewal... but I'm here now.)

    -- Peter in London

     

Post a Comment

<< Home