The Ruminator

Come on up and grab yourself a beer.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The daily grind

One week off work sick was all it took to get me out of the routine of a normal working day - they just seem so long! Either that or I'm not 100% better, so more inclined to be tired and grumpy by the end of the day.

On the plus side, I've been told that my currently deeper and huskier voice (thanks to the medication) makes this a perfect time to cut a jazz album. So that's OK.

Being at home sick naturally meant lots of movie watching (I picked up the collector's edition of Labyrinth, yay!). It also (possibly just a different kind of sickness) meant lots of cleaning and rearranging my house - new picture frames, moving things in the kitchen etc. My one bedroom apartment is actually quite a reasonable size, but a week in which I didn't go anywhere certainly gave me a lot of time to notice everything about it, including things that were dusty or could be arranged better. It's sad, I know.

On the other hand, the house looks great!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home